Monday, November 23, 2009

Deciding to go to Romania for a few months



Over a year of dreaming to spend the winter of 2009 in Romania... October comes around, and Conrad resigns from his Roaster position to pursue the path of graphic design, I lose my new job because my exciting project of training and traveling all over the world got cancelled, and our lease is up, so we decide to put our stuff into storage and go to Romania for two and a half months.
My first Romanian nephew is to be born this December - Luca Paraschiv, and I didn't want to miss this event for anything in the world.

Our journey before taking off to Romania has been very intense, and we felt many times the ground shaking under our feet... and yet, here we are, free to live our dreams, afraid and excited about the future, trying to live in the present.

This is the first week of being here, with my husband and my sister in law, and its fun to be together, but we are so tired. We keep taking long mid day naps... and we wake up at 2 AM and watch movies or play ticket to ride.
We've been in Cluj already, in Piatra Neamt and in Galati in less than a week. We haven't had the time to rest yet... and there is no snow yet. I am more anxious to see snow sooner rather than later, because I want to have a snow fight with Allison while she's here.

Tonight we may go to see a Shakespeare play at the National Theatre... if I can get those two to wake up from their afternoon nap.

I pray for snow... for Allison:)

1 comment:

  1. I never read what you wrote here. I love you so much Violeta! I am so glad that I got to have this adventure with you. Although not what I expected, I wouldn't trade adventures with you for anything!!!

    ReplyDelete