Saturday, January 16, 2010

The account of the last few days

After four days in Venice we took the plane back to Cluj where the weather was sunny and warm. We hopped on a bus and went to Oana and David. There Oana and Delia were preparing an amazing dinner and later on Carmen, Rares and Coco arrived to have dinner with us. We were tired but very happy to spend the evening with friends. (Oana: the baked potatoes were the best ever we had in Cluj)

I realize that I didn't take a single picture while we were in Cluj. Very strange. We stayed in Delia's cozy apartment. She is one amazing woman… not though what she does but because of the kindness she does things with. You may understand what I mean if you have ever been welcomed by Delia's warm voice and peaceful presence.

While in Cluj we relaxed after the many walking hours through Venice. We had dinner with Dan and Andreia, held baby Luca in our arms, chatted over some glasses of white wine… and spent a normal day visiting with friends.

The next day I got to babysit Luca all my myself while Andreia and Dan went shopping. He was most well behaved. Luca slept through the 2 hours I had to watch him. He is soooo sweet. I kept kissing his soft forehead. He is so lovable! Oh, this bundle of love, innocence, helplessness, cuteness… and I'm his auntie. I don't know what the future holds for us, and it's rather sad to think that I won't be close by to see him change from day to day, from month to month… and to sing to him, to tell him stories, but I know his parents love him deeply and are doing their best to offer him the best childhood. God, please watch over Luca and his parents, and fill their life with abundant grace and love. Make Luca a brave man, kind and strong, with a deep faith in You, faith that can move mountains.

Conrad got to see Liviu and Mate while I was with Luca. Guys stuff. And the next day we went to Demmers Tea House in the Central Park to wish happy birthday to young Liviu. (It has been three years since Conrad got to Romania for the first time.) It was an interesting experience to meet new people, different people, friends of Liviu's. Afterwards we walked to the bus station in the snow and took the bus home. We used to walk through the central park in the winter when we first met, Conrad and I. So we traced back some sweet memories together.

We also visited Starbucks a few times. Once we were bored and we went there to have tea and play Scrabble. It was snowing outside. and we weren't in a rush anywhere. It was strange and pleasant at the same time.

So we spent 4 nights in Venice, 4 night in Cluj, and then we headed to the mountains, in Piatra Neamt again where we stayed for three nights. It snowed every day while there. Everything is still while and cold up there. And quiet and beautiful. You can hear dogs barking from time to time, horses pulling sleighs on the road of ice, and see the smoke coming out the chimney tops.

We watched Pixar movies with my parents, we went for walks down the road in the village, visited with cousins, went up in the city and had a ride with the tele-gondola. It was a fun time…
And now we are back in Galati. I took a nice long bath… had dinner, Conrad gave my dad a back massage, and here I am writing down what I've been doing the last few days.
In a few weeks we'll be back in California. A new year, a new beginning awaits around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment