Friday, January 8, 2010

Our time in Venice

Where do I start?
Since I moved to the States I have dreamt about living in Romania and being so close to every city in Europe. And if I get the itchy feet for traveling, I can just get up and go. Venice is only 1.5 h away by plane, and it costed us $100 round trip for both of us to come here. The hotel is high-end of off season, so here we are. One by one, I am living my dreams... and then dream some more to always have something on the dreams list.

This vacation has been perfect! We have walked and explored like maniacs, and we loved it! First and last day it drizzled and we didn't have an umbrella, but apparently for us this was a minor detail. We window-shopped our eyes out, we saved on food and bought little memories for ourselves... and we had an extraordinary time on very little money.
I got to practice my italian... another reason for Conrad to push me forward to make contact with people. I still don't like to talk to strangers, but in a foreign country it's more fun to do so.

Conrad and I are best buddies. Adventure buddies, travel buddies; he is courteous, supportive and funny, and I don't whine. We have recharged our batteries, made awesome memories together, we still strike people as honeymooners, and we live life at its fullest. I feel so happy and in love!

...more pictures to come.

2 comments:

  1. It must be something about Italy that evokes that honeymoon mood! No, wait... It happens in Napa and in the Sierra and in Germany and Paris and Maine ... It must be something - or someone - else. Hmmm. I'm glad to see you so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how to enjoy life! You are two very blessed people. I look forward to seeing more photos, but more than that, to seeing you in person soon. You are missed around here!! Keep making memories wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete