Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bilantz

It's Sunday afternoon and mama just left to go to work (she works in shifts: 2 morning shifts, 2 evening shifts, 2 night shifts and 4 days off). The four of us had a yummy lunch, mama said it feels so festive to eat with us every day, set up the table, think about a more complex/interesting menu than usual... and so on.

We went to print some pictures for mama si tata... mostly to have some with Luca... their very first grandson, to show off. Mountains of snow in the city, and as I walk I remember so vividly the going to school and coming how through snow moments. It's so cold out there, and people rush from one side of the town to the other, with a purpose. We are out there, enjoying exactly what they are running from. I don't like to be cold, but I am here, mesmerized by this ocean of white, of the cold brisk air, by the people... and I can't have enough of it.

After lunch we went into our room and started reading, each with our own books, in silence, lost in different exciting worlds, yet being here, in the same room, safe and rested, hearing my parents talk in the kitchen, and I feel happy.

These days both Conrad and I have been thinking and talking about the days when we were caught in the routine of having jobs. We strip our memories off of all the hard unpleasant stuff... and we idealize or take pleasure in the memories that were real and tough.
I recall many happy days, coming back from work, feeling powerful and fulfilled and independent. I would even day it out loud that I feel happy. Coming home to Conrad, who sometimes arriver before me, and I had missed him so much during the day, and so did he. I felt like we didn't lack anything. We had each other and we had netflix. We established a shopping and cooking routine... and we loved each other. It is wonderful to take a step back and look at how much we have together, priceless memories and lots and lots of fun in our first beautiful nest.

And yet, I can't and I won't wish time away. We have been dreaming together about being in Romania for Christmas, and right now, I wouldn't be happier anywhere else but here. I has been almost a month since we came to Romania. In January we'll be in Cluj, spending as much time as possible with Luca. And after that, we'll go back to our lives in California, working from early morning till evening, having no time for day naps or reading... but we'll be together and we'll continue to grow in our oneness... and most likely working on baby ;-p so help us God in His perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment