Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Last day in Galati, by train to Cluj

We wake up early, chat with mom on Skype, muster up some more energy and go for a walk downtown with my parents. We buy some stuff, that is: Tata buys some stuff, and so does Allie. It's fun! ...and cold.
We get home and my parents prepare together the yummy-est lunch: mamaliga, fried potatoes (the best I have ever had), tender fried meet and picked tomatoes! Did I say Yummy? :-)


And then we start our crazy train ride, 14 hours long though Bucharest, over night. Both trains were clean and new (amazing!) and we were able to sleep from Bucuresti to Cluj on and off.


My brother waited for us at the train station at 5:30 AM and gave us a quick tour of the city at night, with the new holiday lights on all over town.
My brother is the most amazing brother and friend! I am deeply grateful for everything he has done for me, for me and my extended family over time. And I would do anything for him. And Andreia, in her last weeks of pregnancy does't cease to amaze me, putting up with guests even when she can't quite sleep at night. These two make an amazing team! My nephew Luca is a lucky little boy to have such parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment