Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hasty decisions

We rented an apartment in Cluj for the next two months, but after the first night there, this turned out to be a bad choice, so I called the guy and explained to him the reasons we wanted out, and he agreed (Thank God!)
We are again free to spend more time in Galati and to visit Cluj in very freeing mode as guests.

We're finally in a nice and cozy hotel, after traveling way too much "from Anna to Caiafa". We're down town, in walking distance to everywhere we need to go, and tonight we plan to go to a Jazz club.

My equation is filled with unknown variables, and I constantly try to fill in the gaps, choosing almost randomly the next option in front of me, according to what I believe the other people want or what they ask for. I admit I feel exhausted from making compromises... and of course from sleep deprivation. We have traveled over night one too many times but again, we didn't have a better option.

We will look back and smile (I hope), just as I do now with Pam when we remember the hectic first morning in Paris looking for a hotel, the crazy day in Rome when we almost missed our train, and when we did missed our bus home, so we got stuck in the middle of nowhere at night, somewhere outside Rome. What a trip! But for that, my friend Pam is closer to my heart than ever. We have shared an adventure together.

No comments:

Post a Comment