Saturday, December 12, 2009

Game night with my parents

I never played board games with my parents growing up, but it's never too late. Conrad brought with him Carcasone and Allie brought with her Ticket to Ride, so we had a few episodes of games.

Today, after a yummy lunch (bors de pui si vita cu ardei), just before the delicious dinner (peste la cuptor cu mamaliga si usturoi), mama, tata, Conrad and I played Remi. My dad won three times and Conrad won three times (men had to impress their wives), then we taught them Carcasone. It was so much FUN. Throughout the game Conrad spoke only romanian, and my parents had a blast building roads or cities and employing their man to be mayors, road workers, priests and farmers...
In my perspective games were made up to provide a excuse for social interactions. I did not win any game this time, my mom won the Carcasone game, but I was delighted to spend the evening playing games with my husband and my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment