Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why am I here? Why Romania?

Because I know this is the ultimate gift for my parents, to come here and spend some time with them, because this is where Conrad and I fell in love, because I missed speaking my mother tongue, because I still have friends and ties that draw me back here. We don't know what the future has in store for us, and if by living in the present, for the preset we don't wrong the future, I say we live fully and happily, loving our beloved and resting.
Needless to say, in my parents house I remember so clearly how much I love Conrad. He is so patient and kind to them. He speaks romanian to them, he is polite, he patiently receive their love (however my parents know to offer it) and he helps me love them, just by being here by my side.

I woke up this morning, rested and happy. I made pancakes for breakfast and pizza for lunch while Conrad worked a few solid hours for Barefoot (graphic design). I read my exciting book "The time traveler's wife" and now I'm getting ready to take a long hot bath...

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear Vio - I think you should write a book about your "Love Story". You do an excellent job of telling of your love of your husband and family.

    Be hugged by Mama Gloria

    ReplyDelete