Sunday, December 6, 2009

When in Rome do as Romans do

I have visited a handful of places, I also lived in a new and different world for over two years, and while I kept my integrity, integrity of beliefs, ideals, standards, I mostly went with the flow, tried to learn the ways of a new people, respect their uniqueness... I think most of us a not wrong just different.
All of my dear friends from PBCC California came to Romania to see and embrace what was unique about it, with it's quirkiness, primitive in some ways, magnificently beautiful in other ways, simple and deep, honest and welcoming, true and unforgetable.
My husband helped me view my people with admiring eyes, take it as it is and appreciate it. I have always loved my country, I have lived here many happy moments, simple yet heavenly years. I will always return here with joy, perfectly aware of the fact that this country is in constant change, and that the people are not perfect, but despite all this, I love Romania.

Anyway, just keep in mind that when you come to Romania, what this country has to offer is a beautiful landscape, a mix of old and new, small spaces in the city and extravagant green or white freedom in the country. Lots of meat, sausage and cheese, fruit and mamaliga, sarmale and zacusca, and lots and lots of churches and monasteries.

When in Rome, do as romans do.

No comments:

Post a Comment