Monday, December 14, 2009

Women Bible study

I went to the women's bible study with my mom. I drove a stick-shift again, while outside was below zero degrees, and dark and the windshield was somewhat foggy, but this is not what my story is about.
Whenever I come back to Galati, my parents like to show me off, it's rather childish, but I go along almost always.
My parents have only two kids, my brother and I, and since I started my life on another continent, the responsibility has fallen pretty much on his shoulders, as he is the closest to them, even if about 600 km away.
Now, I am back here spending the holidays with my parents, uninterested in pleasing any of my friends or acquaintances, honoring them by spending lengthier time around 'mama is tata'. They have become the children in our relationship, in some areas a long time ago, but I see myself stretching my patience and attention, the only difference is that I'm not here to teach them anything. I'm here to love them.

Back to my women bible-study: there were about 12-15 women, all ages. I got to say hi to Rodica and Adina, two of the ladies who attended the Marriage Conference in Brasov in May. I got to see my god-mother, and meet new people that my mom befriended these past few years. They seem to know everything about me, and saw lots of pictures of me even since I got married (mom's "fault").
Some of these women have new born babies at home, and yet here they were, getting put of the house in this cold weather to get together with other women to study the Bible.
I am always impressed with the courage and patience and grace these women carry themselves with, through life. This world is not perfect and they don't have it easy, but sometimes is seems that Sacrifice and Patience and Courage is their second nature. And I never hear them complain about how hard life is. They glow with hope and kindness and wisdom. And i dare say the Romanian men, their husbands, are so very lucky!
These women's determination and courage, faith and brightness of soul is truly inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment